AUBURN – Chefs from Auburn and from restaurants across the United States, in partnership with Auburn University, will band together Wednesday, June 1, from 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center for “Chefs to the Rescue,” a night of delicious culinary creations for a great cause. All proceeds will benefit Alabama tornado victims.
“Chefs to the Rescue” will benefit the Auburn Family All-In Relief Fund that provides financial support to the victims of the April 27 tornadoes that touched down across the state of Alabama.
Tickets are $100 per person for the event and $1,000 per person for the VIP “Meet the Chefs Reception” that will take place in the hotel’s Terrace Room after the event. One hundred percent of the proceeds will be donated to the Auburn Family All-In Relief Fund. Tickets will go on sale May 16. For details on how to purchase tickets, go to the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AUChefstotheRescue.
“The concept of ‘Chefs to the Rescue’ came naturally after seeing the devastation the tornadoes had left across the state,” said Hans van der Reijden, managing director of The Hotel at Auburn University. “The culinary talents of this town and from around the country decided to do what we do best – gather a group of friends and colleagues together to cook amazing food and provide support and comfort to those in need. We can do so much more working collectively than working separately.”
“Chefs to the Rescue” will feature a meet and taste with more than a dozen talented chefs whose creations will be paired with beer and wine donated from breweries and wineries from all over the United States. Individuals who purchase tickets for the VIP “Meet the Chefs Reception” will enjoy one-on-one time with some of the top culinary talents in the country after the event concludes.
The following esteemed chefs will be participating in “Chefs to the Rescue”:
- Andrew Litherland – Ariccia Trattoria & Bar / The Hotel at Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- Miguel Figueroa – Ariccia Trattoria & Bar / The Hotel at Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- Leonardo Maurelli – The Hotel at Auburn University, Auburn, Ala.
- John Hamme – Maestro 2300, Auburn, Ala.
- David Bancroft – Amsterdam Cafe, Auburn, Ala.
- Graham Hage – Zazu Gastropub, Auburn, Ala.
- Rob McDaniel – SpringHouse, Alexander City, Ala.
- Chris Hastings – Hot and Hot Fish Club, Birmingham, Ala.
- Michael Schwartz – Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink, Miami, Fla.
- Julio Delgado – Ritz-Carlton Buckhead, Atlanta, Ga.
- Cameron Thompson – Two Urban Licks, Atlanta, Ga.
- James W. Mullaney, CEPC – Atlanta Foods International, Atlanta, Ga.
- Tim Creehan – Cuvee Bistro, Destin, Fla.
- Ken Duenas – Café Thirty-A, Destin, Fla.
- Kevin Sbraga – 2010 Top Chef Winner, Washington, D.C.
- M. Bertozzi – Two Urban Licks, Atlanta, Ga.
- Alan Baltazar – Cuvee Bistro, Destin, Fla.
- Dallas Kee – The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, Atlanta, Ga.
- Peter Zampaglione – The Ritz-Carlton, Buckhead, Atlanta, Ga.
- Tasia Malakasis – Belle Chévre
- Antony Osborne – Dean of Culinard, Birmingham, Ala.
Support for “Chefs to the Rescue” includes donations from a number of companies, including Sysco, U.S. Foods, Fromagerie Belle Chevre, Grow Alabama, Kelly Foods, Bernardus, Miura Vineyards, Robert Sinskey Vineyards, Talbott Vineyards, Trinchero Family Estates, Sweetwater Brewery, Adams Beverage, Blue Pants Brewery, The Source Distributing, Yellowhammer Brewery, Mt. Washington Wine Co., Hall Winery, Amizetta Estate Winery, Uvaggio, Vino del Sol, Foley Family Wines, Duval-Le Roy, Domaine St. George Winery, Cannon Wines, Pure Argentina, Dierberg, Fairbourne, Back Forty Brewery and Tall Grass Brewing Co.
For additional information about “Chefs to the Rescue,” go to the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/AUChefstotheRescue or call Mike Clardy at (334) 844-9996.
About The Hotel at Auburn University
Centrally located near the shops and restaurants of downtown Auburn, Ala., The Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center is just a short walk from the excitement of Auburn University and a diverse array of cultural and entertainment attractions.
The hotel features 236 guestrooms and suites and numerous venues for meetings and special events. For a true taste of Italy, visit Ariccia Trattoria and Bar, located inside the hotel.
An open kitchen and outdoor terrace seating add character to this restaurant which serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, cocktails and Sunday Brunch and offers take-out service. Located in Ariccia Trattoria and Bar, Piccolo is Auburn’s only true lounge experience for specialty cocktails and a large variety of appetizers and desserts. The property is managed by the Atlanta-based West Paces Hotel Group. For additional information or reservations, call (800) 228-2876 or go to www.auhcc.com.
Contact: Inga Marone, Pineapple Public Relations (404) 237-3761, (email@example.com), or
Mike Clardy, Office of Communications and Marketing, Auburn University, (334) 844-9999 (firstname.lastname@example.org)